Learn all about Mini Vinnies... turning concern into action!
We see, we think and we do!
What is Mini Vinnies?
‘Mini Vinnies’ is a St Vincent de Paul Group in our school who get together, organise and talk about helping others in need within our school community and beyond. What makes Mini Vinnies such a valuable experience for those who are part of it, is the change it makes in school communities. Mini Vinnies’ group usually meet once a fortnight during lunchtime and is run by Mrs Hague.
What happens at a Mini Vinnies’ meeting?
A ‘President’ is elected by the Mini Vinnies to lead the meeting and organise the group. Mrs Hague co-ordinates the group and gives help and practical advice.
- The President opens the meeting with a prayer.
- A short spiritual reading/reflection/piece of music/meditation follows. The Group members take turns to do this.
- Group members then talk about the Mini Vinnies’ activities they have done since the previous meeting.
- Any future plans are then discussed.
- The President concludes the meeting with a prayer.